Global Health Corps Fellows program for 2016-2017 is now open for applications from interested candidates around the world. Africans are encouraged to apply. seeks applications for the 2016 fellowships. Global Health corps fellows are motivated, intelligent, and believe health is a human right. They come from diverse backgrounds, and vary in educational experience, professional expertise, and personal story. Whether you have a background in management, education, research, technology or another field, each fellow brings a unique perspective to their Placement Organization and the GHC community.
Fellows have meaningful impact on their Placement Organization during the fellowship year, while developing leadership skills and relationships within a supportive community that will prepare them for deepened impact on global health over the course of their careers.
- Fellows work in yearlong paid placements with partner organizations working to address health inequity across a range of issue areas.
- Details vary depending on fellowship placement and location, but fellows receive the additional following support during the year:
- Monthly living and utilities stipend
- Health insurance
- Professional development grant of $600 and completion award of $1500
- Travel coverage to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
- Be 30 or under at the start of the fellowship
- Have an undergraduate university degree by July 2016
- Be proficient in English
- There is no single experience, background, quality or skill that makes someone the “right” candidate for the fellowship. Rather, they are looking for outstanding individuals who are seeking to apply their skills and their passion for health equity to a lifelong community of global change makers.
- They do not expect that fellows will have a background in public health or that they have been involved in international development work before. They believe that global health organizations can greatly benefit from individuals who have worked in or studied a wide variety of fields.
- They strongly encourage applicants from all sectors to apply, including but by no means limited to engineering, finance, consulting, government, architecture, research, technology, and education.
Level of Study: Not an academic program.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply onliine. See link below for application details
Deadline: Application closes February 2, 2016.