CERN in Geneva invites applications for the 2016 Summer studentships for non state nationals. This affords people the opportunity of getting involved in the day-to-day work of their multicultural teams. Attend lectures, visit CERN facilities, take part in discussions and workshops with people who are leaders in their fields. In fact, it will be a summer like nowhere else on Earth.
Worth of Award
- Travel allowance
- 8 weeks
- Choice of dates of stay to be indicated in application
- Health Insurance Scheme (for those students with CERN contracts)
- 40 hours/week
- During July & August you may attend lectures from 09:00-12:30 each day (5 weeks)
- Report to be written by the end of stay
- The CERN Housing Service will assist you in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the laboratory
Location of Study: Geneva
- You are a national of any State other than a CERN Member State.
- You are a university-level undergraduate (Bachelor or Masters) at least in your third year.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate in the European summer 2015, you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before (e.g. as a User)
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Level of Study: Undergraduate, Graduate
How to Apply
- In order to be considered for the programme they need to receive TWO REFERENCE LETTERS and a recent ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT.
- They also recommend to upload a CV in English or French.
Deadline:application closes January 27, 2015