UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, invites entries for the 2015 edition of its annual National Essay Competition. The essay topic for this year is “What matters most to you in life and why.”
The essay competition provides an opportunity for students in senior secondary schools in Nigeria to win prizes in the form of educational grants.
As the Corporate Social Responsibility arm of the UBA Group, UBA Foundation is committed to the socio-economic betterment of the communities in which UBA operates, focusing on development in the areas of Environment, Education, Economic Empowerment and Special Projects.
Worth of Award
- The first prize for the UBA National Essay Competition is a N1 million educational grant for the winner to study in any African university of his or her choice.
- The second and third prizes are N750,000 and N500,000 educational grants respectively.
- The top three winners of the competition win educational grants to study in any African university of their choice.
Eligibility: Open to students in Senior Secondary Schools in Nigeria.
How to Apply
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 best essays for further assessment.
- A second round of the competition will involve the 12 finalist who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected.
- Three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from 12 finalists that will emerge from the first round of the competition.
Deadline: Entries for the essay competition opens on September 30, 2015 and will close on November 13, 2015.