Grooming Film Extrapreneurs (with Kunle Afolayan): a Sahara Group initiative invites entries for a scholarship aimed at grooming film entrepreneurs. It seeks to promote a hub of enterprise that connects budding filmmakers with stakeholders that can help hone their skills to enhance productivity, excellence and sustainability in their careers.
The extrapreneurship framework is a concept adopted by the Sahara Foundation, whose raison d’etre is directed at youth empowerment and poverty alleviation through the principles of entrepreneurship. Our chosen approach at Sahara will involve leveraging internal and external strengths to drive cross-sectoral collaboration by connecting the right people and organizations towards providing sustainable solutions to global social problems while creating wealth in the process. This will require developing projects, programmes and initiatives that add value to the beneficiaries whilst making them self- reliant. Unlike entrepreneurship which focuses mainly in income generation, extraprenuership is centered on wealth creation and preservation.
Worth of Award
The competition winner will go on a 6-month comprehensive mentorship programme with Kunle Afolayan.
- The competition is open to film makers not older than 35 years old
- Film makers are to create a video celebrating entrepreneurship in Nigeria by shooting a 15-minute documentary that captures entrepreneurs at work across the nation. The theme of the documentary should focus on: “My Nigeria, My Platform…Nigeria through an entrepreneur’s eyes.”
The video must be no more than 15 minutes in length.
- Any spoken language used in the video that is not English must be accompanied by an English subtitle.
- The video must not contain violence, profanity, sex or attacks on individuals or organizations. Any entries deemed offensive will be immediately disqualified.
- The video must be the participant’s own original creation – no copyrighted music, video, sounds or images may be used without prior, full permission from the author(s) of the said copyrighted music, video, sounds or images that the participant wishes to include.
- The video must not infringe on any third party rights.
- The video must be an original.
- The video shall not have been previously submitted or used for any other purpose and other than submission of entries for this Competition; the video shall not be used within 1 year from the closing date of submission of entries for any other purpose except for reference to educational and career development purposes. ? By submitting the video, you agree to waive all rights and interest in the video including any intellectual property rights.
- By submitting the video, the participant agrees to grant Sahara Group Limited ( or any of its affiliated entities) and the organizers of the Competition the exclusive irrevocable right to use the video in any manner whatsoever, including without limitation, the right to publish, adapt, distribute, copy, display or translate and licence to others and thereby waives any claims to royalties, right, or remuneration for such use.
- By participating in the Competition, the participant grants Sahara Group Limited (or any of its affiliated entities) and the organisers of the Competition exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with the promotion of this and other competitions.
How to Apply
- Go to the extrapreneurship Portal (URL)
- Complete the form
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Upload your video
- Log in to twitter and tweet “See Nigeria through entrepreneurs’ eyes” with the hashtag- #Saharapreneurs, #Extrapreneurship and cc: @iamsaharagroup and @kunleafolayan
Deadline: application closes 28th August 2016