The National University of Singapore offers scholarships for Singaporean and international students for 2017-2018 academic session. These scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral research programme within the Faculty of Law.
As Asia’s Global Law School, the Faculty of Law of the National University of Singapore (NUS Law) is committed to fostering excellence in research by building a strong core of doctoral research students.
The National University of Singapore (Abbreviation: NUS) is an autonomous university in Singapore offering publicly-funded degree programmes.
Scholarships are available for pursuing a doctoral research programme in the field of Law.
Worth of Award
- Successful applicants recommended for the award of a Graduate Research Scholarship will receive: (i) a monthly stipend, and (ii) a full tuition fee subsidy. For International Students, the monthly stipend is currently S$2,000. Probationary PhD students who successfully pass the DCQE will receive an additional monthly stipend of up to S$500 per month. More details on this Scholarship can be found here.
- The Graduate Research Scholarship and any additional stipends are renewable annually subject to good performance
- In addition to their annual leave (21 working days) Graduate Research Scholars are eligible to apply for (i) Research and Conference Leave, (ii) Leave of Absence.
- Graduate Research Scholars who apply successfully for Research and Conference leave will receive additional financial support, capped at a maximum of S$4,000 throughout their degree candidature.
- A good Bachelor’s or first degree in Law (LLB/BA/JD); or a good Master’s degree in Law (LLM/BCL/MJur/MPhil) with a relevant Bachelor’s Degree; or relevant equivalent qualifications.
- Outstanding applicants in any area of law are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Deadline: The closing date for all applications is 1 December 2016.