Southern Methodist University (SMU) seeks applications for Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars Program open to the most outstanding students admitted to the Cox full-time MBA program.
The program is designed to enhance your business school experience through unique travel opportunities.
The Edwin L. Cox School of Business is an American business school, part of Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Dallas, Texas. The SMU Cox School of Business is headquartered in three buildings on SMU’s 210-acre main campus five miles north of downtown Dallas and has a second campus in Plano, Texas.
Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time MBA programme at SMU Cox School of Business in the field of business administration.
Worth of Award
Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars Program awards up to 5 full-tuition scholarships per year.
Strong candidates for the Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars Program will have the following attributes:
- Outstanding academic aptitude: Rigorous undergraduate curriculum (3.6+ GPA preferred) and Performance on the GMAT (700+ GMAT preferred)
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated in professional, academic, and/or community settings
- Significant work experience (minimum 3 years) and solid progression of professional achievement
- Clearly defined career goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of social responsibility and business ethics
How to Apply
The Cox MBA Admissions Committee strongly encourages you to use the Cox MBA Online Application. Complete application will contain the following components:
- Application forms found in the online application
- Professional résumé
- Essays (Two specific topics are required; you may submit a third supplemental essay only to address issues not covered in required essays)
- GMAT or GRE score taken within the last five years
- Degreed undergraduate transcripts
- If applicable: TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson Test of English score taken within the last two years (see International Applicants section for more information)
- Two professional references (names and contact information only, no letters) – people who can speak to your work-related skills and abilities
Deadline: The deadline for application is January 9, 2017.