University of Tokyo Scholarships open for applications for international students to commence studies in either April or September 2017. These scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree programme at the Graduate School of Science.
The University of Tokyo provides international students with access to a number of financial aid options that cover various forms and purposes, including school expense exemptions, scholarships, emergency loans, and student discounts.
Research and education across a broad range of scientific fields are being conducted at the University of Tokyo’s Graduate School of Science (GSS) and Faculty of Science with the basic aim of exploring the myriad facets and mechanisms of nature in order to understand them and uncover the immutable laws of nature behind them.
Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree programme in the subjects offered within the Graduate School of Science.
Worth of Award
This scholarship provides a monthly stipend of 150,000 yen to self-supporting international students who first come to Japan and have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
- Self-Supported Students with excellent grades who pass the entrance examination for the Master’s Program at the Graduate School of Science and who newly come to Japan as a student will qualify and enter the program in either April or September 2017.
- Recipients of other scholarships starting from April or September 2017 are not eligible.
- There is a possibility that an applicant might be required to withdraw from this scholarship if the applicant is deemed to be the recipient of another scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the application documents to the International Liaison Office at the Graduate School of Science by post at the time of their Graduate School application for admission into the Master’s Program. Application documents include
- Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students 2017
- One letter of recommendation for the Graduate School of Science Scholarship application from a faculty member of your college or university
Deadline: The application deadline is October 1 – 31, 2016 for those entering in April and April 1 – May 1, 2017, for those entering in September.