The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) in collaboration with United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC) invites entries for an essay competition on Human Trafficking for Senior Secondary School Students in FCT only.
The Essay competition is in commemoration of the EU Anti-Human Trafficking Day 2016 coming up on the 18th of October, 2016.
Essay Title – ‘’Human Life is Priceless’’.
Essay theme: ‘I am priceless’
Worth of Award
30 best essays will be shortlisted and prizes include:
- 10 students with best essays will get a Phone Tablet
- 30 students will get High-school bag packs
- 20 whiteboards for the schools that produce the best essays
With other beautiful consolation prizes
- Applicants must be 10years and above
- Applicants must be registered secondary school students from SS1, 2 and 3 classes only.
The following information must be included on the last page of the essay
- Applicants must include their full name, age, name of their school and address of their school;
- Applicants must include the name and phone number of their school principal;
- Applicants must include the name and phone number of their English teacher;
Guidelines for Essay Competition
- Essays must not be longer than 500 words.
- Essays may be typed in Ms Word
- Essays must be written in English, in black ink with font size 12 and double-spaced.
- Only one entry per student and each entry must be the work of the student.
- Essay entries must not be already published. The essay must be written exclusively for this contest.
- Any essays found to be plagiarized will be automatically disqualified;
- Handwritten essays are qualified for submission.
How to Apply
- Online submission: Subject should be marked – EU Anti-Human Trafficking day school essay competition and sent to euahtschoolessay-at-unodc.org
- Paper Submission: Handwritten essays should be collected by the schools, enveloped and marked EU Anti-Human Trafficking day school essay competition and sent to Deputy Director School Services, FCT Secondary Education Board, Education Secretariat (SUBEB), Area 3 Garki, Abuja.
Deadline: for submission is midnight on Friday, October 7, 2016.
Prize presentation will be on Tuesday 18 October 2016 in commemoration of the EU Anti-Human Trafficking Day. The venue will be communicated to the winners and their schools.