The University of Groningen offers UCG Scholarship Program (USP) for pursuing bachelor (BSc/BA/LL.B) degree for the 2017-2018 academic year. Non-EU students with an excellent academic profile are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
UCG aims to reward students with great ambition, but who also have a great passion for social engagement and who are determined to make a positive impact during their studies at UCG.
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for four hundred years, and with success: the University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists.
Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor (BSc/BA/LL.B) degree programme in Liberal Arts and Sciences BA/BSc.
Worth of Award
The USP Scholarship is a grant towards study and living costs.
- The value is €12,000.
- The USP scholarship is intended for students with an excellent academic profile, but who require financial assistance to study.
- Evidence of social engagement and extracurricular activities will support your request for funding.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Non-EU students (paying international tuition fees) with an excellent academic profile.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of motivation to explain why you believe you should be considered for a scholarship. This should:
- Be a maximum of 500 words in a Word document.
- Explain why you believe you deserve a scholarship and why you need financial assistance for your studies (this is not why you want to apply for the Liberal Arts and Sciences degree as you will have already explained this in your application).
- Explain your experiences with social engagement and extracurricular events. Explain how you want to contribute to society in the future, what issues are important to you and why it is important for you to be awarded the USP scholarship. Also, explain your ambitions and how you would like to achieve these ambitions and goals during your studies at UCG.
- Be emailed to new students.ucg-at-rug.nl no later than 1 February 2017- the email title must be: ‘Letter of Motivation – USP Scholarship’.
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you must complete your application in OAS before 1 February 2017 as well.
- The final funding decision will be communicated to you by the Admission & Selection Coordinator.
Deadline: Application deadline is February 1, 2017.