The CBS School of Accounting Honours invites applications for scholarships to study the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) (Honours) at Curtin University. New Zealand Citizen, International students, Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident as well as applicants with Permanent Humanitarian Visa are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The Curtin University provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
Curtin’s mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation, and excellence in teaching and research. Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest university. Around 40,000 students attend a total of 16 Curtin locations, including campuses in Sydney, Singapore and East Malaysia.
Scholarships are available to pursue bachelor’s Degree program. Scholarships are awarded to study Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) (Honours) at Curtin University.
Worth of Award
The CBS School of Accounting Honours Scholarship will provide the following support for up to one year (based on a full-time study load of 100 credits per semester):
- A total value of up to $3,000 paid as a cash stipend of $1,500 per semester. The amount can be used at the recipient’s discretion to contribute towards educational related expenses
- If the student has commenced their Honours program in Semester 2, 2016 they will receive a once-off payment of $1,500 in Semester 1, 2017.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for the CBS School of Accounting Honours Scholarship:
- Enrolled full-time (100 credits per semester) in the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)(Honours) at Curtin University in Semester 1, 2017
- Minimum course weighted average (CWA) of 70.
Open to New Zealand Citizen, International students, Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident as well as applicants with Permanent Humanitarian Visa are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: Step 1: Apply
- Application form can be accessed via ‘My Studies’ tab in OASIS or via the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of this page
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Multiple scholarships can be applied for at one time
- Tips on how to complete your application can be found under the ‘Application Advice’ tab on the scholarships website
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date listed at top of page and within scholarships channel on OASIS
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
- If you would like to withdraw your application to change it once it has been submitted, you will need to contact the Scholarships Office. The Scholarships Office will then send your application back to you to complete by the closing date. Please note: submitted application forms cannot be changed within one week of the scholarship closing date.
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to student email once application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Academic merit
Step 6: Outcome
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants notified of the outcome via Official Communications Channel within approx. 6-8 weeks of the scholarship closing date
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must return acceptance documents by deadline listed in Official Communication
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is March 10, 2017.