Utrecht University Scholarships for 2017-2018 opens for applications. Approximately 30 scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor or master degree programme at the Utrecht University.
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University.
Utrecht University is a university in Utrecht, the Netherlands. It is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands and one of the largest in Europe.
Since English is the official language at UCU, applicants are required to demonstrate proof of proficiency.
Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor or master degree programme in the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- Tuition fees or
- Tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely. Students requiring a residence permit in the Netherlands must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means. Read more about the budget the University advises.
For Bachelor Programme
- The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this scholarship. The applicant should:
- Not have the Dutch or an EU/EEA nationality and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Hold a non-Dutch secondary school diploma;
- Have been admitted to the Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Business Economics or to University College Utrecht;
- Hold a relevant secondary school diploma (for a Bachelor’s programme), or an equivalent thereof;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa;
For Masters Programme
- To be eligible for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Have completed secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
- Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of September 1, 2017.
How to Apply
For Master’s students: Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year will open mid-November 2016. After submitting an application for the Master’s programme, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship. Students will need to upload the following document:
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class: an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Prospective master’s students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before February 1. Application for a scholarship will only be processed if students have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well. Please note that in some cases students may need to apply before December 1; check the ‘When to apply’ section under Admission and application of master’s programme.
- It is not possible to apply for the scholarship, but the selection committees review the application files for possible nominees. Prospective Bachelor’s students in Economics and Business Economics who wish to be considered for the scholarship should apply for admission before 1 April.