There are two student categories under Tier 4 of the Points-Based System:
• Tier 4 (General) student – This category is for students coming to the UK for post-16 education. A Tier 4 (General) student must be at least 16 years old.
• Tier 4 (Child) student – This category is for children between 4 and 17 years old coming to the UK for their education. Tier 4 (Child) students can only study at independent schools.
Fees: It costs £328 to apply for this visa from outside the UK.
- You must pay £328 per person for any dependants.
- You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.
- you’ll also have to check if you need to get a tuberculosis (TB) test.
When you apply for the visa you must provide:
- a current passport or other valid travel documentation
- proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances
- proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
- your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
- You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.
- You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
- Your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days.
You must meet the full requirements of the Immigration Rules by doing the following:
- You must have a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from a fully licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- You must have enough money to cover course fees and monthly living costs (also known as maintenance or funds)
Biometrics: All students making a Tier 4 application will have to submit their biometrics details and information. An application can only be assessed and processed once these have been received. If you are applying from inside the UK, the date of your application will be taken to be the date that you paid for and submitted your online application. If, due to exceptional circumstances, you have made a paper application, the application date will be taken to be: the date of posting, where the application form is sent by post,
When you apply online you need to:
- Create an account via their website
- fill in the application form in English
- pay the visa fee online (in most cases)
- print out your form
- book an appointment at a visa application centre
You can save your application form and finish it later.
- You must apply online for a Tier 4 (General) student visa.
- You’ll need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.
- You’ll have to collect your biometric residence permit within 10 days of when you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you actually arrive at a later date).
- You may be able to get your visa faster or other services depending on what country you’re in – check with your visa application centre.
Got any questions or querry, click here