The University of Wollongong seeks applications for undergraduate scholarships for international students who are enrolling in bachelor degrees at UOW.
The University of Wollongong, informally known as Wollongong University, is an Australian public research university located in the coastal city of Wollongong, New South Wales, approximately 80 kilometres south of Sydney.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
- Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships (UES): The UES offers a 15% reduction of the international tuition fee for the duration of the course, up to a maximum of 4 years. Terms and conditions of each scholarship offered will be included with the Offer of Admission.
- Faculty Merit Scholarships (FMS): This scholarship provides a further 25% reduction of the international tuition fees in the Faculty of Business and Faculty of Law Humanities and the Arts. The Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences offers a 15% reduction off the international tuition fee.
There is no limit to the number of UES available. As long as students meet the academic criteria, they will automatically be awarded the scholarship along with their offer of admission. Students may be eligible if they have excellent results in one of the following categories:
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent international secondary school qualification;
- Foundation Studies programs approved for direct admission to Bachelor degrees and offered at an institution recognised by UOW;
- Diploma or other academic pathway program approved for admission with credit exemption from an institution with which UOW has a formal agreement;
- Up to one year of study in a Bachelor degree at a recognised University, where there is no credit exemption awarded to study at UOW.
The UES is available to students enrolling in Bachelor degrees at UOW (Australian campuses only) except for the following: Medicine & Surgery; Nursing; Science (Nutrition or Exercise Science); Nutrition & Dietetics; Exercise Science & Rehabilitation; Social Work; and Psychology (all degrees).
How to Apply
Students will be automatically considered for both scholarships when they lodge their application for admission.
Deadline: Applications for most degrees can be submitted up to one week prior to the course commencement date. Earlier closing dates apply to the Faculty of Law, Humanities and the Arts; Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health; Faculty of Social Sciences; and to school leavers applying through UAC. UAC application deadline for Main Round is December 2, 2016.