The University of Nottingham offers up to 12 Faculty of Engineering Research Excellence PhD Scholarships to study in the UK. Overseas students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The University of Nottingham is a public research university based in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom. It was founded as University College Nottingham in 1881 and was granted a Royal Charter in 1948.
They welcome applications from suitable candidates but would particularly value applications from strong candidates wishing to work within the research priority areas of each faculty.
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD research programme within the Faculty of Engineering.
Worth of Award
- This highly competitive scholarship is to recognise and reward applications from outstanding international students registering on engineering research degree programmes in 2017:
- 12 full tuition fee scholarships plus a stipend of £1,015 per month for a three-year full-time PhD research degree programme
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship.
University is looking for applications from exceptional students who are seriously committed to pushing the boundaries of engineering, students who are excited about the prospect of working with some of the world’s leading researchers and who aspire to be the best in their profession. The high value of this award reflects the University’s aim to attract the best students from around the world and to support them during their study.
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes and
- already hold an offer to start a full-time PhD research degree programme at our Nottingham campus with a start date that falls between 01 October 2017 and 01 February 2018 (inclusive) in the Faculty of Engineering and
- have a first-class undergraduate degree or an MSc with distinction in a relevant subject; work experience, journal papers published and other esteem indicators (prizes, top-in-class etc.) will be considered
- It is important that you state on your scholarship application the specific topic you are interested in researching and why. Applications listing broad fields of research eg ‘civil engineering’ or ‘mechanical engineering’ rarely get supported.
- These scholarships are for 3 years of a research programme and are subject to satisfactory progress each year.
- Overseas students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is March 10, 2017.