American University in Cairo offers Yousef Jameel ’68 PhD in Applied Sciences and Engineering Fellowship for students of all nationalities.
The long-term objective of the program is to develop the manpower for research and development in the region by providing the skill sets for future scientists who are easily recruited in prominent positions in Egypt and the region.
Founded in 1919, AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and center of intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries.
Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme in the field of Applied Sciences and Engineering.
Worth of Award
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees coverage for one year
- Student services and activities fee
- A monthly stipend
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Open to all nationalities
- Master of science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Submission of a preliminary proposed dissertation topic and a research outline
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or very good (gayed geddan)
- Submission of a graduate application and all related documents as required by the AUC graduate admission procedures
- Submission of a satisfactory GRE score and a satisfactory English proficiency test score (TOEFL iBT, or IELTS)
- Relevant scientific research background
- Fellowships are open to students of all nationalities.
How to Apply
Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
Step 2: Complete the online fellowship application.
Deadline: Applications and all supporting documents should be submitted by April 15, 2017. Fellowships begin the following fall semester in September.