Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne-EPFL) invites applications for Excellence Fellowships for 2017 intake open for all national and international students to pursue masters programme.
EPFL offers a limited number of fellowships at the Master’s level to students with outstanding academic records. Some of the fellowships are financed by EPFL directly and others through partnerships with foundations or companies.
The expected level of command of English may vary depending on the school and, above all, the study program or course, the usual average English language requirement you will be required to have to study in Europe is 550 points (paper-based TOEFL test), or 213 points (computer-based TOEFL test), or 79-80 points (Internet-based TOEFL test), or 5.5 – 6.5 score in the IELTS test.
Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland. Scholarships are provided for master’s studies at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne-EPFL) in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Worth of Award
External: Fellowships for those candidates include:
- CHF 16’000 per academic year (split into monthly payments), meaning:
CHF 32’000 for a 2-years Master’s(120 credits)
CHF 24’000 for a 1 1/2 year Master’s (90 credits)
- reservation of a room in students accomodation. (Note that accomodation, tuition fees, visa fees, etc. must be paid by the fellowship’s holder.)
Cumulating this fellowship with other substantial scholarships isn’t possible. Candidates are required to declare all the scholarships they will receive during their master’s and cases will be evaluated one by one.
Fellowships for those candidates include:
- CHF 10’000 (split into 2 payments)
- A certificate of excellence for the results obtained during their Bachelor’s
(Note that accomodation, tuition fees, etc. must be paid by the fellowship’s holder.)
- Anyone applying to an EPFL Master’s Program is eligible.
- The selection of candidates and the granting of the fellowships is done based solely on the evaluation of the academic records of the candidates.
- Swiss and International Students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- External Applications: Applications are reviewed twice a year, in February and May, following Master’s programs admission committees.
- Application: The application is done via the same online form than your application to a Master’s program. It is however necessary to tick a box indicating that your profile should also be considered for an excellence fellowship.
- Internal applications: are reviewed once a year, in May, following the second Master’s programs admission committee.
- Application: Candidates should deliver their printed application to their section by April 30.The application should contain:
- a recommendation letter from the section’s director
- a CV
- a motivation letter
- a transcript of all grades obtained at EPFL
If you are planning to switch to another section:
You still need a recommendation letter from the director of your section of origin but you must contact the deputy of your future section to introduce yourself. It is the deputy of your future section that will propose your application to the Excellence Fellowships Committee.
- External Applicants: Applications are reviewed twice a year, in February and May, following Master’s programs admission committees.
- Internal Applicants: Internal applications are reviewed once a year, in May, following the second Master’s programs admission committee.