Staffordshire University invites applications for a new range of International Scholarships for September 2017 and January 2018 available for pursuing foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate taught programme.
Staffordshire University is a university in Staffordshire, England. It has one main campus based in the city of Stoke-on-Trent and two other campuses in Lichfield and Shrewsbury.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available for pursuing foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate taught programme to study the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
a) New Merit Scholarships
- Foundation (International Year One Engineering): Automatic £1,000 scholarship for applicants who meet the published entry requirements
- Undergraduate: Automatic £1,000 Scholarship for applicants who meet the published entry requirements
Postgraduate taught: Automatic Scholarship as follows:
Applicants with results equivalent to UK First Class degree: £2,000
Applicants with results equivalent to UK 2:1 degree: £1,500
Applicants with results equivalent to UK 2:2 degree: £1,000
b) New Undergraduate Progression Scholarships: On progression to Years 2, 3 and 4 (dependent on performance across the full academic year) the following will be awarded:
Aggregate First Class Degree: £2,000
Aggregate 2.1 Class Degree: £1,500
Aggregate 2.2 Class Degree: £1,000
c) International Partnerships Progression Scholarship: £1,000 Scholarship for all students who progress to Staffordshire University from an International Partner Institution
- Eligibility by country
Scholarships are to be confined to international tuition fee payers only who are domiciled in one of the following countries:
Africa: Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Kenya and Uganda
East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam
Europe: Norway and Turkey
Middle East: Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE
South Asia: Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka
South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand
This will be evidenced in the application process by the submission of a valid passport
- Eligibility by funding status
Scholarships will be available to self-funding students only and not to those in receipt of company, government or philanthropic trust funding.
For example, students funded by Shell, the Saudi government, the Aga Khan Foundation etc. will not be eligible for a Staffordshire University scholarship
- Students who receive the Alumni Discount of 15% will not be eligible for any further Staffordshire University scholarship
- Students who receive the International Partner Progression Scholarship will not be eligible for any further Staffordshire University scholarship
- Eligibility for Undergraduate Progression Scholarship: Should a student repeat a year due to academic failure, they will not receive a Progression Scholarship as they will not have demonstrated satisfactory academic progress
- List of Countries: Africa: Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Kenya and Uganda; East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam; Europe: Norway and Turkey; Middle East: Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE; South Asia: Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka; South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand
How to Apply
International applicants (outside the European Union) can complete online application form. If they receive an offer of a place on a full-time undergraduate course they must register an application with UCAS.
Deadline: Contact Employer