Lincoln University invites applications for Global Challenges Scholarship for international students to pursue an undergraduate degree programme.
The Global Challenges Scholarship is designed to transform passionate young people into co-operative, informed, social entrepreneurs who can think outside the box to address the pressing global challenges facing our planet today.
Lincoln University is a New Zealand university that was formed in 1990 when Lincoln College, Canterbury was made independent of the University of Canterbury.
Applicants must have a very good grasp of English, with an overall score of 6 in IELTS (or similar qualification), as the scholarship development programme has a strong focus on communication and co-operative work.
Scholarship is available for an undergraduate degree programme at Lincoln University offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Worth of Award
- The University will pay $12,000 (NZD) towards one year of your tuition fees.
- You may have the opportunity to reapply for future years if you have met all the requirements of the programme.
To be eligible for a Global Challenges Scholarship as an international student, you must:
• Be eligible to enrol in an undergraduate degree at Lincoln
• Have completed secondary school in the past five years, achieved well academically and not attended another tertiary institution in New Zealand (if you have completed a diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate degree at other international institutions, you are not eligible for this scholarship)
• Have a strong academic background that demonstrates your ability to undertake and complete a university degree while maintaining involvement in scholarship activities
• Have a very good grasp of English, with an overall score of 6 in IELTS (or similar qualification), as the scholarship development programme has a strong focus on communication and co-operative work.
- International students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply for a Global Challenges Scholarship through the application system, MyLinc, when you apply to study at Lincoln University. The closing date for applications is 31 August. You’ll need to create a MyLinc account, apply for your chosen course of study and then apply for the scholarship. You can change your course of study at any time, even after you have submitted your applications.
They will need the following information to process your Global Challenges Scholarship application:
- A short video outlining your interest in a current global issue, to be uploaded to Vimeo (instructions in MyLinc)
- The details of two referees
- Then you can save and submit your application. Please note that you are able to save your applications and return at any time before submitting them.
Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.