10 Academy invites applications from African undergraduate students and recent graduates for a new summer programme which aims to create a pipeline to identify, train and launch the careers of brilliant young people from Africa with the vision that their work will have 10x the impact of the average person. 10 Academy is a programme of Infinite Potentials Consulting in partnership with Ashesi University and has been endorsed by UNESCO.
10 Academy was conceived to create a pipeline of young African builders who are able to combine high cognitive ability, strong work ethic, passion for delivering results and knowledge of technology. They believe that this combination of attributes results in a special type of person that is able to build and deliver results that are 10x more impactful that the average person.
Worth of Award
- This programme will cost nothing for the participants, will provide them with 2 months of training in ‘modern skills’ (design thinking, coding, making etc.) and the connect them with a paid 6-month internship at a leading company in Africa.
- The goal is to give brilliant young people an overview of modern skills and the opportunity to utilize them straight-away.
- 10 Academy Fellows will receive free tuition, accommodation and food covered for the duration of the course and will take part in an intensive, residential 2-month long programme through which they will work closely together to learn modern skills, work on a real-world project with potential for major impact and develop into a community of aligned and passionate youth working for development in Africa.
- Each 10 Academy Fellow will take up a 6-month paid internship after the programme and 10 Academy is in discussions with a number of leading companies working in Africa to provide internships.
- Those completing undergraduate degrees in Africa (finishing in 2017, or having finished in 2016).
- They are looking for young African nationals who combine a strong work ethic, general cognitive ability, bias to action and passion for success.
- Be 30 years or younger by June 30, 2017
- Hold a bachelor or undergraduate university degree by June 30, 2017 (completed undergraduate in 2016 or 2017)
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Be citizen or permanent resident of an African country
- Have an energetic, positive attitude and a huge work ethic
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website (see link below)
- For the first two parts of the application, no recommdendation forms are required.However, as a part of your application form, you will need to submit contact information of at least two current or past supervisors/professors or other valuable persons who know you will and who will act as your reference by speaking to one of the members of the 10 Academy team.
- If you have never had a supervisor for any paid or volunteer work, please use a professor or other contact who can speak to your work.
Deadline: Applications open on 1 Febraury 2017 and close on 31 March 2017. The 10 Academy programme begins in July 2017.
Email Contact: [email protected]