Walter Thompson Company, the world’s best-known marketing communications brand, has been creating pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and businesses for more than 150 years. Headquartered in New York City, J. Walter Thompson is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 12,000 communications and advertising professionals. The agency consistently ranks among the top networks in the world and continues a dominant presence in the industry.
Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme for female creative advertising students.
Worth of Award
- Each year, the HLR Scholarship seeks to award five female creative students scholarships up to $10,000.
- In addition, each recipient will receive a paid summer internship at a J. Walter Thompson office in her respective region, an offer of a J. Walter Thompson mentor and “first look” placement consideration upon graduation.
- Five scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be female
- Be registered as a student at a participating undergraduate and/or portfolio school and be no less than 12 months from completion of their degree at May 14, 2017
- Show creative talent and promise
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by their school
- Students from around the world are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- Application form
- Personal statement (500 words or less)
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- 3-5 maximum creative samples (less than 7 MB) showcasing your best work
- Ensure that all required creative samples are uploaded or made accessible via a link (Google Drive, Dropbox, portfolio website, etc.) and include this link in your submission.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 14, 2017.