Margaret Mcnamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) is offering women from developing countries grants to support their study in the US and Canada. The scholarship is open students from developing countries who are currently studying in the United States or Canada.
Worth of Awards
- An MMMF grant covers only a portion of the total costs for an academic year.
- The MMMF awards grants of approximately $12,000 each; grants are not renewable.
- The MMMF also typically invites the recipients to Washington DC to participate in a three day Awards Program organized in their honour.
A woman is eligible to apply for an MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:
- The MMMF awards education grants on a competitive basis to exceptional women from developing countries who have financial need and are committed to working to empower women and children. Applications are made online at the MMMF website (www.mmmf-grants.org) during periods indicated for each program cycle (US/Canada, South Africa and Latin America). Women applying for the MMMF grant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a commitment to working to empower women and children in developing countries.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Intend to return to a developing country within two years of completing degree or intend to remain in developing country at least two years to work towards empowerment of women and children
- Are 25 years old at time of application deadline (See detailed instructions on application)
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMMF Country Eligibility List (see list on mmmf-grants.org website)
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution at time of application and plan to be enrolled for a full academic year upon receipt of grant
- Not be a relative of a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff or his/her spouse
- Have not received a MMMF grant previously
- Must be enrolled as a full time student with relevant student visa (see detailed instructions on application)
- May not hold: US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) or Canadian citizenship or Canadian landed immigrant status
There are no exceptions to the MMMF educational grant criteria listed above.
How to Apply
A complete application package consists of the following (NO EXCEPTIONS):
- One Online Application Form
- Two Recommendations using the online form and instructions.
- Four additional documents as listed below to be sent to be sent in one email.
- Copy of your passport picture page;
- Copy of your US or Canada visa / study permit;
- Copy of your Official transcript for Fall 2013, or most recent transcript, from your current university only (if your program is for research and without grades, a progress report from a supervising professor must be submitted ), with institutional seal and Registrar’s signature;
- Official confirmation of registration in your academic institution for current semester, with institutional seal andRegistrar’s signature. Acceptance Letters are not needed and do not substitute for Proof of Registration/Enrollment.The mode of applying is online.
To submit your application, you must have a valid email address and register to access the application form. If you already have a registered user account, please click here to start your application or access your saved application form. Before you start the application process make sure you have the following documents in digital (the scans must be in the following formats: pdf – preferred, jpeg or png) form:
-Passport ID page with a clear photo;
-Visa page in current passport;
-Second passport page with clear photo (in case of dual citizenship);
-Most recent proof of registration from your university; and
-Most recent university transcripts and/or reports.
Deadline: Application deadline is January 16, 2016.