Establishment of the National Scholarship Programme of the Government of the Slovak Republic calls on Students, PhD Students, University Teachers, Researchers and Artists to apply for the 2014 scholarships in Slovak Universities
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists to stay at Slovak universities and research organisations.
Worth of Awards
- The scholarship shall cover scholarship holders living costs (accommodation, boarding, etc.) during his/her study, research, lecture or artistic stay at Slovak universities, research or non-governmental organisations.
- Scholarship holders can ask their host institution in Slovakia to assist them to arrange their accommodation and necessary documents regarding their scholarship stay in Slovakia, or they have to arrange them by themselves. The National Scholarship Programme does not cover any travel costs to and from Slovakia.
The following individuals can apply for a scholarship in the framework of the National Scholarship Programme:
- University students whose second level of higher education is taking place at a foreign university and who are invited by a public, private or state university in the Slovak Republic to an academic mobility for a purpose of study in the Slovak Republic: scholarship period 1 to 2 semesters;
- PhD students whose higher education or research preparation is taking place at a foreign university or research organisation and who are invited by a public, private or state university or research organisation eligible to carry out PhD study programmes in the Slovak Republic to an academic mobility for a purpose of study or research in the Slovak Republic: scholarship period 1 to 12 months.
- University teachers from foreign universities who are invited by a public, private or state university in the Slovak Republic to a lecture / research / artistic stay in the Slovak Republic. scholarship period 1 to 12 months;
- Researchers or artists who are invited by a public, private or state university, research organisation eligible to carry out PhD study programmes or non-governmental organisation in the Slovak Republic to a lecture / research / artistic stay in the Slovak Republic. Scholarship period 1 to 12 months.
Citizens of the following countries can apply for a scholarship:
- the Member States of the European Union;
- other countries participating in the Bologna Process (listed are only non-EU Member States ) – Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Russian Federation, Serbia (including Kosovo), Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine;
- Canada, Mexico, USA, countries of Latin and Central America;
- Australia, China (including Taiwan), Egypt, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam.
- The National Scholarship Programme does not support:
- a) foreign university students and PhD students intending to enroll or accepted for entire Master or PhD studies in Slovakia, or those who are already studying in Slovakia and would like to cover a part of their costs by the National Scholarship Programme;
- b) foreign university teachers and researches who are already teaching or doing research at Slovak universities and research organisations;
- c) citizens of the Slovak Republic studying, teaching or doing research at foreign universities or research organisations;
- d) foreign applicants accepted for other scholarship programmes in Slovakia (for example Visegrad Fund, Erasmus, CEEPUS, bilateral agreements, etc.).
- Individuals with permanent residence in the Slovak Republic can not apply for a scholarship in the framework of the National Scholarship Programme for the support of mobility for applicants from abroad.
How to Apply
- Scholarship application forms are submitted on-line on www.scholarships.sk. The on-line application system opens not later than 6 weeks before the deadline. The application form can be filled out only after the on-line application system has been opened.
- In order to submit the on-line application, it is necessary to fill out the on-line application form (in Slovak, English, French, Spanish or Russian version), attach all required documents in requested formats and press the “submit” button.
- Original hard copy of an Admission or Invitation Letter from a Slovak university or research organisation can be sent by the host institution in Slovakia directly to SAIA, Bratislava.
- Foreign applicants who need to apply for entrance visa to Slovakia or for temporary residence are recommended to take into account the necessary visa/residence processing period when planning the starting date of their scholarship stay. Information about visa conditions is provided by Slovak Embassies abroad.
You are to attach the following:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- motivation letter,
- detailed study programme in case of students (including the date of arrival and period of stay),
- detailed research programme in case of PhD students (including the date of arrival, period of stay and detailed programme time schedule),
- two recommendation letters provided by applicant’s university teachers in case of students, one recommendation letter provided by applicant’s thesis supervisor in case of PhD Students,
- confirmation letter from a sending university certifying that applicant is a full-time student enrolled in min. 6th semester, in case of a PhD students a confirmation certifying enrolment in a PhD study (*),
- copy of a Bachelor’s diploma or Master’s diploma and a certificate of a state exam (if any),
- PhD Students – list of publications,
- Admission/Invitation Letter from a host university or research organisation in Slovakia proclaiming commitment that the applicant will be enrolled in a study or research programme (incl. exact period of stay). The Admission/Invitation Letter shall be printed on the official letter head paper of the host institution, including a signature of the person who has issued the Admission/Invitation Letter and a stamp. (*)
Deadline: Application closes April 30 2013 by 16:00 CET – scholarship stays for the next academic year
- 31 October by16:00 CET – scholarship stays for the summer semester of the running academic year
- If a deadline falls on Saturday or Sunday, the on-line application has to be submitted within the given deadline. The original hard copies of required documents shall be delivered to SAIA, n.o., not later than the next working day after the deadline, by 12:00 CET.