Applications are invited from young journalists around the world for 2014 Deutsche Welle international traineeship programme. The international traineeship is specially designed for young journalists from the regions to which Deutsche Welle broadcasts.
Deutsche Welle trains its own young journalists for its programming in 30 languages. Every year, a decision is reached on which programs need new young journalists. Next International Traineeship will start May 2014.
Worth of Awards
Successful applicants will be communicated.
- Unusual linguistic abilities are the most important requirement for the international traineeship.
- At least one of following native languages is required for the training program starting in May 2014: Arabic, Bengali, English, Hausa, Hindi, Persian, Portuguese (for Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Urdu.
- Languages: The applicant must be a “native speaker” in one of Deutsche Welle’s broadcast languages. They must have such a command of this language that they can carry out journalistic tasks confidently and competently. A very good working knowledge of German is also required, with the following certification: Goethe-Zertifikat B2 or TestDaf level TDN3 or DSH1. Prior notification will be provided as to which native languages are required for the training program.
- Qualifications: University degree or vocational training or comparable qualification through training and professional experience. German language certification Goethe-Zertifikat B2 or TestDaf level TDN3 or DSH1.
- Practical Experience: Practical experience working as a journalist, freelance work, etc.
How to Apply
- All applications must be made online and within the given timeframe.
- They will be accepting applications for the 2014 international traineeship starting May 1, 2013.
- We do not accept applications sent by mail.
Deadline: The deadline is June 30, 2013.