Macquarie University North Ryde campus in Australia is now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 MUIS Merit Partial Scholarships for international students from target countries.
The MUIS provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. It has been designed to recognize academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students.
MUIS Merit Partial Scholarships are country-specific and will be awarded progressively through the year to future applicants to Macquarie University. The MUIS is highly competitive and awarded based on academic merit.
Worth of award
- MUIS Merit is a Partial Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies, it is equivalent to $5,000 and it will be awarded towards the commencement fee or reimbursed if fees already paid.
- The MUIS Merit Scholarships do NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
- This scholarship is not available to students studying at Macquarie City Campus or the Sydney Institute of Business & Technology (SIBT).
- The MUIS Merit Scholarship is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
- Be a citizen of any of the following countries:
Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vietnam
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
Applicants are ineligible to apply if they are
- citizens of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship.
- e a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- enrolled at Macquarie City Campus or SIBT.
How to apply
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable them to select their course and upload scanned copies of the required documents.
- Once their course application has been processed, they will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online MUIS application form.
- Applicants must complete an online MUIS application form.
- Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for: MUIS Merit
- Applicants applying for the MUIS Merit scholarship will not be required to submit Referee’s Report or a Statement of Purpose.
- Once they have completed the online MUIS application form, a confirmation email will be sent to their nominated email address.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that applicants can only receive one scholarship.
Deadline: Application closes on November 30, 2013