Georgetown University, USA, is now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 MSFS Scholarship for Africans. The scholarship provides full tuition coverage for the Master of Science in Foreign Service for a student from Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, or South Africa. The Science and Public Leadership Fellowship for master’s students from Africa is made possible by a number of organizations with a deep commitment to the role of science in public life.
The 2016-2017 scholarship recipients are expected to start the Master of Science in Foreign Service (MSFS) at Georgetown University in fall 2016 with the full-tuition covered by the scholarship.
- MSFS is a two-year, full-time graduate degree program in international affairs.
- Students will take courses in international relations, international trade, international finance, statistics and analytical tools and history.
- In addition, students choose an area of concentration such as Global Politics and Security, International Development or Global Business and Finance.
Worth of Awards
- Full-tuition scholarship for the MSFS program
Applicants must have:
- A completed undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a strong academic record.
- A TOEFL score of at least 100, or an IELTS score of at least 7.0.
- Applicants must have completed a course in microeconomics and a course in macroeconomics, or must be able to complete both courses *before* the beginning of the MSFS program in fall 2016.
- Applicants should have professional experience, ideally in a field related to their future professional goals.
- Students have an average of four years of work experience before joining MSFS.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants from: Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa.
How to Apply
- To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit all required application documents (online application, personal statement, official transcripts and test scores, letters of recommendation).
- Only students who have applied to the program will be considered for the scholarship.
- We advise you to start preparing your application now and submit a very strong application to increase your chances of success.
Deadline: The application deadline for fall 2015 is January 15, 2016.