The East Tennessee State University (ETSU) in the US invites international students to apply for the 2016-2017 International Students Academic Merit Scholarship for graduate or undergraduate study at the University.
The scholarship is awarded on merit to some successful applicants who are offered admission into the University. Application for the scholarship can only be made after applicants have applied and secured admission into ETSU.
Worth of Awards
- The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only.
- No additional fees or costs are covered
The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU. The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
- Be admitted to ETSU as full-time, degree-seeking students. Scholarship applicants must apply for admission to ETSU before their scholarship applications can be reviewed. ( undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Submit a recommendation form. Applicants should note that personal recommendations (for example, from a relative or an athletic coach) are not acceptable. They are to submit a recommendation from an academic reference (a professor or teacher).
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
- Students continuing from an ETSU bachelor’s degree program to a second ETSU bachelor’s degree program
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
- Students are encouraged to submit scholarship applications as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
- An application cannot be reviewed until the applicant is admitted to the university.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed
For questions, applicants are to contact Ben Shupe via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Tennessee State University
The Honors College
International Programs and Service
P.O. Box 70668
Johnson City, TN 37614 USA
Deadline: Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: no later than July 1st annually
- Spring semester deadline: no later than October 1st annually