The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is accepting applications for its 2015-2016 MRes/MPhil/PhD scholarships open to international and UK/EU students undertaking full time research in any LSE discipline, with annual renewal subject to satisfactory academic performance at the School.
The LSE Scholarships aim to fully fund 63 new PhD students renewable for up to four years. Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential.
Worth of Awards
- The scholarships cover fees and living expenses of £18,000 each year for four years.
- The studentships include a requirement that scholars contribute to their academic department as part of their research training, in the form of providing teaching or other work in their department, usually from year two onwards.
- They are available for Home UK/EU and Overseas (international) students undertaking full time research in any LSE discipline, with annual renewal subject to satisfactory academic performance at the School.
- Each level of graduate study (diploma, master’s, MPhil/PhD) has particular minimum entry requirements which you must have in order to be considered. These consist of your degree(s) and your proficiency in the English language. Please consult individual programme entries
- The awards will be made solely on outstanding academic merit and research potential.
- Each academic department will be allowed to nominate a limited number of candidates for the awards. Award decisions will be made by a Panel representing different academic disciplines within the School.Scholarship is open to candidates of all national
How to Apply
- There is no separate application form for these awards.
- The selection of students for these awards will be based on the PhD application to the School.
- There will be three rounds of studentship selection, with a deadline attached to each round.
- If you wish to be considered for an award, you must submit a complete application for a place on a PhD programme (including all supporting documentation such as references and transcripts) by the specified deadline.
Deadline: Application deadlines are as follows:
- December 15, 2014 (Department of Economics only)
- January 12, 2015 (including consideration for Research Council funding)
- April 27, 2015
We advise you to apply as early as possible to increase your chances of success.