NDDC Overseas Scholarships invites applications for its overseas postgraduate scholarship scheme to equip Niger Delta students with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The Niger Delta Development Commission Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Medicine (M.sc. Public Health Excluded)
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
Worth of Award: Not stated but they usually cover fees and offer stipend for living expenses
Applicants must have gained Post Graduate admission into a recognized university abroad.
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have not already enrolled in overseas’ universities are not eligible to apply.
- Bond of good conduct from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
How to apply
Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website: with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Oversea Universities.
- Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Successfully completed applications will be assigned a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.
If you have questions, contact the Director, Education Health and Social Services, NDDC, at: [email protected]
Deadline: All completed applications must be submitted on or before February 28, 2014