Donald Withrington Scholarship offers £6,000 per annum for the duration of the postgraduate degree course which will contribute towards the cost of tuition fees and maintenance to applicants from UK/EU and International students.
Depending on the nature of the degree, the scholarship may be awarded either for one year or for a maximum of three years.
The scholarship is open to both:
- Full time students commencing their postgraduate degree course in any aspect of post-Reformation Scottish History in September 2014.
- Full time students currently studying a postgraduate degree course in any aspect of post-Reformation Scottish History, who will still be studying in the 2014/15 academic year.
- To be considered for the Donald Withrington Scholarship you will need to have applied to the University of Aberdeen for a place on a History postgraduate degree programme starting in September 2014.
- To be awarded a scholarship you must receive and then firmly accept an offer of a place on this postgraduate degree programme.
- The only exception to this is if you are a current postgraduate History student at the University of Aberdeen.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic potential and financial need. Applicants should have achieved, or expect to achieve, at least an upper second class honours degree.
How to apply
- All applications must be made online on their website (see link below).
Deadline: application closes on April 30, 2014