The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs provides is accepting applications for the Orange Knowlege Programme (OKP) scholarships for journalism courses at the Radio Nederland Training Centre (RNTC) in 2021.
The OKP is funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and run by the Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education (NUFFIC).
The scholarships are administered by Nuffic, the Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education. OKP stands for ‘Orange Knowledge Programme’ and these scholarships are available for 52 countries. MSP stands for ‘MENA (Middle East and North Africa) Scholarship Programme’ and is available for 10* countries.
Worth of Award
- The scholarships include a contribution towards the cost of living, the course fees, visa, travel and insurance.
- If applicable, the scholarship holder is expected to cover the difference between actual costs and the OKP or MSP scholarship amount.
Apart from the RNTC course admission requirements, you must meet the following requirements to be eligible for a OKP (formerly known as NFP) scholarship:
- You are a national and live and work in one of the countries in the Nuffic OKP list
- You must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGOs (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- You have an Employer’s Statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- You have an official and valid passport;
- You do not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- Check if you need to provide a Government Statement. If required, you must have a Government Statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided.
How to Apply
- First apply to RNTC to check that you are eligible for the course you would like to do. You can apply for a course by selecting a course. Make clear in your application to RNTC that you are intending to apply for an OKP or MSP fellowship. The option is included in the RNTC application form (only available for ‘OKP’ and ‘MSP’ courses before the OKP/MSP deadline).
- Once you have submitted your application, RNTC will inform you by email whether you are eligible or not (usually within 10 working days).
- If you are eligible for the course, RNTC will send you a link by email to apply for a OKP or MSP fellowship in ATLAS; the online system for your OKP or MSP scholarship application.
- Then apply for an OKP or MSP fellowship.
- Please note that your OKP or MSP application has to be completed and submitted in one go! Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make changes or additions.
- If you are eligible according to RNTC and you meet the OKP or MSP criteria, you can apply for a scholarship in the Nuffic system which is called ATLAS, using the link mentioned in step 3.
- Note that you can only apply for a scholarship for your chosen course during the application window for that course. There are two of these windows every year.
Deadline: The deadline to register for OKP or MSP scholarships via their website is June 22, 2021. Apply early as you will need to complete your application in two phases and the registration on their website is just the first eligibility phase.