National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) invites applications for the NTHU International Student Scholarship for Foreign Students in Taiwan for the 2021/22 academic session.
This scholarship is awarded to degree-seeking international students and currently enrolled international students with outstanding academic and research performance. Please note that the NTHU Center for Continuing Education/scholarships committee reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship if students are subsequently found to be ineligible or if these terms and conditions are not adhered to.
Worth of Award
- Bachelor students: NTD 5,000 per month or NTD 60,000 per year.
- Master students: NTD 5,000 per month or NTD 60,000 per year.
- Doctoral students: NTD 20,000~40,000 per month.
- For tuition and credit fee waivers, scholarships are renewed every year, based on merit. The applicant should re-apply each year.
- All individuals of foreign nationality, who never had a R.O.C. citizenship and do not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application, are qualified to apply for admission to National Tsing Hua University as an international student.
* The following two exceptions are made for individuals who have lived overseas continuously for more than six years. The six-year period shall be calculated from the starting date of the semester for which the applicant is applying (Feb.1st for the spring semester or Aug.1st for the fall semester). “Overseas” refers to countries or regions other than Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau; the term “continuously” means that an individual may stay in Taiwan for no more than a total of 120 days per calendar year.
(a) An individual who is also a national of the R.O.C. but does not currently hold and has never held household registration in Taiwan.
(b) An individual who, at the time of application, has had their R.O.C. citizenship annulled by the Ministry of the Interior for no less than 8 years.
Individuals applying under the terms of these two exceptions must have not studied in Taiwan under the status of an Overseas Chinese Students, nor received placement permission through the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students.
- Applicants, concurrently holding a permanent residence status in Hong Kong, Macao, having no history of a household registration record in Taiwan and, at the time of application, have resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country for no less than 6 years, are also qualified to apply for admission as an international student.
How to Apply
Candidates of the NTHU International Student Scholarship for Foreign Students in Taiwan will be required to submit the following:
- Complete print out of the online application form at National Tsing Hua University Online Application for International Students. If you have technical problems filling in the online application, please reach out via [email protected] or +886-3-5715131 ext 62464.
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree programs must provide a photocopy of their high school diploma; those for master’s programs must provide a photocopy of their bachelor’s degree diploma and doctoral degree candidates must provide a photocopy of their master degree diploma.
- Official transcripts in English or Chinese
- Statement of purpose
- Two recommendation letters
- Financial certificate
- Declaration form
- passport or some other acceptable verification of nationality.
Deadline: The Spring 2022 Application Period is August 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021, 15:00 pm (Taiwan Time) while the Fall 2022 application period is December 15, 2021 – February 28, 2022, 15:00 pm (Taiwan Time).