The WIPO Academy and the University of Turin are inviting applications for the Master of Laws (LL.M) in Intellectual Property Scholarships in Italy for the 2021/2022 academic session.
This Masters Program is offered jointly with the WIPO Academy and the University of Turin, in cooperation with the International Training Centre of the International Labor Organization with financial support from the Government of Italy.
The World Intellectual Property Organization is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations. WIPO was created in 1967 “to encourage creative activity, to promote the protection of intellectual property throughout the world”. The WIPO Academy is the center of excellence for intellectual property (IP) education and training for the WIPO Member States, in particular developing countries, least developed countries (LDCs) and countries in transition. The Academy works to help build human capacity in IP, which is essential to innovation. Its four programs cover a rich portfolio of both general and specialized courses on IP and cater to different target audiences.
Worth of Award
A number of scholarships are available. Scholarships cover:
- Return ticket
- Registration and tuition fees
- Full board and lodging
- Medical insurance
- Visa costs, if any, are at the expense of participants.
To be considered, applicants shall:
- Hold a degree in law, economics, engineering, medicine, physics, chemistry, communication sciences or business administration.
- Attendance of a minimum of four years of University in the above fields is required;
- Be fluent in English. This will be assessed through a recognized English proficiency test.
- WIPO scholarships are awarded to:
- government officials and persons working in the public sector such as universities, academies and research and development institutions; and
- candidates should be from developing countries or least developed countries (LDCs).
- General introduction to intellectual property
- Competition and antitrust
- Copyright and related rights
- Trademarks and domain names
- Geographical indications
- Industrial designs
- Competition and antitrust
- Technology transfer
- Exploitation and enforcement of IP
- New IP rights
- Study visit to WIPO
- Research project
How to Apply
- Applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee in two different rounds of admission.
- Interested candidates should duly complete and submit the online application form and the requested documents, no later than the application deadline (to be screened and evaluated for the 1st round of enrolment) or the application deadline (to be screened and evaluated for the 2nd round).
- Only complete applications will be considered during the candidate selection process.
- Please contact them via email: [email protected] Phone: +39 011 6936518 or visit
- Applicants requesting WIPO sponsorship should register online http://www.wipo.int/
academy/en/courses/academic_institutions, via “WIPO Scholarship registration” and send
all “required documents”.
- For more information, contact WIPO at [email protected]
Deadline: The application closes on May 15, 2021.