Cavendish University is inviting applications for its Academic Excellence Scholarships for Uganda Students in Uganda for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Cavendish University Uganda (CUU) is licensed and accredited by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE) and was established in 2008. The student-centric academic model of CUU deploys global best practices in teaching and learning and is aimed at fulfilling the Mission of CUU which is to transform students into responsible, educated, employable and entrepreneurial citizens (REEE).
CUU offers market-relevant and accredited academic programs which are hosted in its four Faculties of Law, Science & Technology, Business & Management, and Socio-Economic Sciences. There is also a School of Postgraduate Studies & Research. The University mission is to provide accessible, high quality, research-driven education that transforms students into responsible, educated, employable, entrepreneurial citizens.
Worth of Award
These scholarships cover up to 100% tuition and functional fees, and they are available to both first-year and transfer students.
To qualify for Cavendish University Excellence scholarships, an entering student should meet the following criteria:
- Be a Ugandan Citizen
- Plan to attend classes in person (Distance Learning not eligible)
- Have at least 3 Principal Passes at A-level
- Have attained a total of at least 12 points at A-level at one sitting
- Strong interest in developing leadership skills
- Ability to pass a pre-entry written English and basic Math test
- Ability to pass an oral interview
- At least two letters of reference or recommendation one of which should be from a teacher that taught the applicant, and a second letter from any community leader or religious leader
The University offers degree programmes in the following four faculties:
- Business and Management
- Science and Technology
- Socio-Economic Sciences
How to Apply
- Once you have completed the necessary process, including the English, Math test and oral interview; an Enrolment Officer will contact you with the Scholarship Committee’s final decision no later than August 19, 2019.
- If you do not hear from them by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Applicants who are approved will need to officially register for classes through an Enrolment Officer and can begin their studies on Monday, August 26, 2019.
- Applicants who are not approved can still study at Cavendish University Uganda by following the standard enrolment process.
Deadline: The application closes on May 3, 2021.