The German Development Bank (KFW) in Partnership with the East African Community (EAC) in Germany is inviting applications for the German Development Bank EAC Scholarship Programme for the 2021/22 academic year.
The goal of this initiative is to contribute towards training leaders that will foster EAC regional integration. Applicants are expected to study in countries other than their own in selected universities and programmes. Successful applicants will be offered a comprehensive package including scholarships for the master’s programmes, internships, mentoring, networking events and further leadership training activities.
The scholarship will support masters students in Mathematics, Engineering, Informatics, Science, Technology and Business Science programmes. IUCEA hereby invites applications from students who are citizens of the East African Community (EAC) Partner States to apply for the KFW funded Masters Scholarships.
Worth of Award
- The project offers financial support to academically skilled and disadvantaged masters students with the main focus on priority programmes.
- Masters students shall be given a fixed amount of money to cover living as well as costs for teaching and research materials.
- The financial cooperation arrangement shall finance the first three cohorts of approximately 157 masters students over their full study time of 2 years.
The following criteria are mandatory. Students should
- Be nationals of a partner state of the East African Community;
- Be below 35 years of age at the time of application;
- Possess at least an equivalent of Upper Second-Class Honours or “Distinction” as applicable;
- Have obtained an admission from a university in another country of the EAC Region other than their own.
How to Apply
Applications for the German Development Bank EAC scholarship programme will be submitted through the following processes and steps:
Submit a motivation letter in English (with not more than 500 words) as follows:
- Well written (grammatically and professionally).
- Demonstrates a convincing motivation for wanting to pursue the Master’s Programme chosen.
- Adequately demonstrates the applicant’s foreseen professional engagement in the EAC Integration agenda after completing the Master’s Programme.
- Demonstrates how they expect to apply the acquired skills and knowledge from the Master’s Programme to contribute to the EAC Integration Agenda.
- Demonstrates where they anticipate seeing themselves professionally and academically in 5 and 10 years.
Deadline: September 17th, 2021, not later than 17:00 hours, East African Time.