Internationalstudent.com invites applications for the annual Travel Video Contest open to international students worldwide in 2021.
The 2021 contest gives students six weeks to compile and enter their submissions. If you’d like to enter this year’s contest, send them your original video telling them about how you’d use the prize money towards a trip you’d like to take (if you’re already an international student) or your proposed international studies.
They are thrilled to announce our 15th annual Travel Video Contest is here! However, the world is faced with a much different landscape than in years past, so they’ve also updated the contest with the name TVC 2020: Life After Lockdown. For the many students and global exchange participants aching to once again travel, this is the year for you to enter this contest.
Worth of Award
If your video is selected, you could win one of the following prizes:
- First Place Winner: $4,000
- Second Place Winner: $500
- Third Place Winner: $250
- Viewers’ Choice Award Winner: $1,000
- If you are currently studying outside of your home country, your video must describe any trip you would like to take. If you are not currently studying outside of your home country, your entry must describe your proposed study abroad.
- You must be 18 or older and already enrolled or planning to enroll in college or university outside of your home country.
- Your video must be created specifically for the current InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest.
- The maximum length for your video is 4 minutes. There is no minimum length.
- In addition to the link to your video, each applicant must also submit a fully completed online entry form.
- The winner will book all his or her own flights and other travel arrangements.
- The winner will be expected to maintain a blog documenting the trip. This blog will start immediately after the winner is announced, and will continue through the trip until return to school. Contributions are expected at least once a week during the preparation for the trip and daily during the trip.
- Originality and interest level in the trip, and creativity and quality of the video, are the main criteria.
- Cheating during voting for the viewers’ choice winner is grounds for contest elimination. This includes copying and pasting email addresses (even if they’re real email addresses of friends and family). Each vote must come directly from your friends and family.
How to Apply
After you have created your 4-minute video specifically for the 2020 InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest, take the following steps to enter:
- Review all of the rules and regulations. Make sure that you are eligible and that your video conforms to all of the requirements. Email them if you have any questions.
- After you have completed your video, complete the online entry form. On the entry form you will need to include the link to your video.
- Your video can be housed on Youtube or Vimeo. If your video requires a password you must include this on your form.
- You will be notified through email if you are a finalist. Entries must be submitted by completing the online entry form.
Your video must also share the following:
- How “community” has had an impact or influence on you and your international education pursuit.
- You can be as creative as you like with how you work community into your story but in case you need ideas, here are a few examples: your community at home, your new community during your international education, your family, a work or church community, an academic community, an ethnic group that you are a part of, an online community, etc.
Deadline: Be sure your submission is in by or before October 13, 2021!