Duke University in the USA is inviting applications for the Reginaldo Howard Memorial Scholarship for Undergraduate International students in 2021.
The Reginaldo Howard Memorial Scholarship, named after Duke University’s first African American student body president, is one of a handful of merit scholarships awarded by Duke University. Recipients of this prestigious scholarship are extraordinary individuals who exhibit a commitment to academic achievement, leadership, and community service and social justice. The scholarship pays full tuition, room and board. All scholars must maintain a respectable GPA annually to continue the benefits of the scholarship. This scholarship program specifically targets exemplary students of African descent.
In addition to the financial award, matriculating scholars become members of the Reginaldo Howard Scholars Organization. This organization includes a Faculty Advisor/Program Director, an Advisory Council consisting of the faculty and administration, and student officers. An ongoing agenda of events and activities that keep alive the legacy of Reginaldo
Worth of Award
- The Reginaldo Howard Scholars Program provides eight semesters of full tuition, room and board at Duke University.
- Scholars also have access to generous enrichment funding for domestic and international summer experiences, including opportunities for independent research both in the summer and during the academic year.
To be eligible;
- Applicants are automatically considered for Duke merit scholarships by virtue of their admissions application; however, there are several merit scholarships that require that the recipient demonstrate financial need.
- Every applicant to Duke University is considered for 8 out of the 9 merit scholarships offered at Duke University.
- All students who apply and are accepted for undergraduate admission to Duke University are automatically considered for a merit scholarship.
- Merit scholarships are available for both domestic and international students.
How to Apply
- There is no application required for the Reginaldo Howard Memorial Scholarship.
- The procedure for selecting award recipients begins with recommendations made by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to the Reginaldo Howard Scholarship Advisory Council in February annually.
- These selected candidates are considered to be among the top applicants of African descent to Duke University.
- Over the course of several weeks, Advisory Council members and current scholars evaluate the dossiers of these candidates in hopes of generating a group of fifteen to twenty students for final consideration for the award.
- From this group of finalists, a limited number of scholarship recipients are chosen. An interview with the finalists during Finalists’ Weekend is conducted to this end.
Deadline: Application closes on November 16, 2020.