Erasmus in collaboration with University departments in five European countries is inviting applications for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in Social Works (International MA in Advanced Development In Social Work Programme) in 2022.
The MA in Advanced Development in Social Work (ADVANCES) is designed to give social workers outstanding levels of practice skills so that they can confidently respond to the vulnerabilities and uncertainties facing societies across the world.
This is an international MA in Social Work Programme and students will rotate between university departments in five European countries: Denmark, France, Poland, Portugal, and the United Kingdom. The 22-month course is explicitly targeted at qualified, experienced social workers from around the world who wish to upgrade their practice skills, especially with a transnational focus. The top applicants to the course will be considered for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
Worth of Award
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Social Works covers;
- Contribution to travel, visa, installation, and other costs
- Participation costs, including tuition fees and insurance
- Monthly allowance for living costs
- *2,000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1.000 EUR for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is situated at less than 4.000 KM from Aalborg University as coordinating institution of ADVANCES.
- 3.000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1.000 EUR for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is situated at 4.000 KM or more from Aalborg University as a coordinating institution of ADVANCES
- **1.000 EUR per month for the entire duration of the study programme (24 months maximum). Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to the scholarship holders for periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in their country of residence.
The ADVANCES Programme is open to students who meet the following minimum conditions;
- Bachelor degree in social work (or closely related subject – especially if social work does not exist as a university subject in your country)
- Professional license as a social worker (if required by law in your country)
- One year of full-time work or two years of part-time/voluntary work experience in the social sector.
- English competence is equivalent to 6.5 Academic IELTS (including a minimum of 6.0 in Speaking and Writing and a minimum of 5.5 in Listening and Reading.
How to Apply
- Applications for Master’s Programmes must be submitted in the Danish application portal.
- You need to create a profile in the application portal in order to submit your application(s) for the study Programme(s) of your choice.
- Please note: You are responsible for keeping yourself updated on the status of your application by often logging into the application portal and by reading and responding to any new messages.
- There is no separate application process for Erasmus Mundus scholarships, but the online application to the ADVANCES course must have been submitted by the relevant deadline.
Deadline: Applications for close January 10, 2022.