Singapore Management University invites applications for the Dato’ Kho Hui Meng Scholarship for undergraduates in 2022.
Established in 2019, the Dato’ Kho Hui Meng Scholarship is available to first-year full-time undergraduates pursuing any degree programme at the Singapore Management University. The objective is to nurture undergraduates to be creative, reflective global citizens and future leaders devoted to creating meaningful impact in business and society.
The Dato’ Kho Hui Meng Scholarship is established by Dato’ Kho Hui Meng, President & CEO of Vitol Asia Pte Ltd in 2019 and a director of Vitol Group’s Board. He is a member of the Board of Trustees at Singapore Management University (SMU). Dato’ Kho is a champion and advocate for SMU and exhorts students to “Love life, do good and be the best.”
Worth of Award
- Total value up to $87,400 (towards subsidised tuition fees, study-related expenses and provisions for University-approved overseas student programmes).
- Tenable for up to 4 years of the recipient’s academic studies, subject to continued observance of the eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions of award
- Scholars are required to take advantage of the Tuition Grant Scheme (TGS) provided by the Singapore Government for subsidised education. Under the TGS, non-Singaporean recipients (including Singapore Permanent Residents) will be contractually obliged to work for Singapore-registered companies for a minimum period of three years upon graduation.
- Full-time first-year undergraduates enrolled in any degree programme
- Any nationality with priority for Singaporeans, Malaysians and Singapore Permanent Residents
- Excellent academic results
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and social skills
- Actively involved in sports and community service activities
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this scholarship, please indicate your interest in the Scholarship section of the online application form for admission. There is no separate scholarship application form.
Deadline: applications close March 19, 2022, 11.59 pm, Singapore Standard Time