The University of Bath in the UK is inviting applications from masters candidates for Sanctuary Scholarship for the 2021/2022 academic session.
For the 2021/22 academic year, the University of Bath will offer two Scholarships, the Appleton Sanctuary Scholarship and the Marie Morley Sanctuary Scholarship, for taught postgraduate master’s programme students who are seeking asylum in the UK, and who are not eligible to receive postgraduate financial support from Student Finance.
Worth of Award
Each Sanctuary Scholarship will consist of:
- a fee waiver covering the full cost of tuition fees
- a bursary up to £15,285
The bursary is designed to help with course-related and living costs, and not wider costs, e.g. legal fees etc.
You can apply for a Sanctuary Scholarship if you hold one of the following eligible immigration statuses prior to your application to study at Bath. This is either in your own right or as a dependent of someone with this status:
- UK asylum seeker
- UK discretionary leave to remain (as a result of an asylum application)
- UK limited leave to remain (as a result of an asylum application)
- recently granted humanitarian protection (as a result of an asylum application)
You must also be:
- a new postgraduate taught student starting studies in 2021
- resident in the UK
How to Apply
You must apply in this order:
- apply for an eligible course through the University of Bath and receive a conditional firm or unconditional firm offer
- complete and return the tuition fee status questionnaire and evidence of Asylum Seeker status to the PGT Admissions team
- apply for the scholarship scheme via the application form
- Completed application forms can be returned by email to: [email protected] by post to:Student Retention Team
University of Bath
Deadline: Applications for the 2021/22 Sanctuary Scholarships will close June 30, 2021.