The Edition 6 of the MegaCities-ShortDocs Citizen Film Festival in France, in 2021 is open officially for applications from filmmakers worldwide.
MegaCities-ShortDocs Film Festival, Edition 6. A festival of short documentary-films that highlight initiatives which seek to bring effective solutions to MegaCities’ challenges and inspire people to take actions to improve the life of MegaCitizens in their MegaCity
Worth of Award
- For the Best ShortDoc, trip to Paris and accommodation to attend the Award Ceremony and 1500 euros for the Shortdoc Maker + 1000 euros for the Initiative Owner.
- For the Special Jury Award, trip to Paris and accommodation and 1000 euros for the Shortdoc Maker.
- For the best Student, a trip to Paris, accommodation and a prize of 1000 euros
- For the Best Shortdoc of the “Metropole du Grand Paris” (Greater Paris Metropolis) a prize of 1000 euros
Your ShortDoc film must:
- show a challenge in your MegaCity (such as transportation, education, refugees, health, climate change, …) and solutions or ideas of new initiatives that could tackle such issues. A challenge that is potentially a theme with social or environmental impact covered by one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals from the United Nations,
- take place inside the urban area of one existing megacities (1 of the 38 metropolitan areas of more than 10 Million inhabitants:
- last no more than 4 minutes (including closing credits)
- integrate English subtitles: the subtitles must be integrated to the ShortDoc in the following pattern: Police: Calibri, Normal, 70, in white. Black outline, size 2. The subtitles must be kept on one line only, in the lowest part of the screen.
- Power of the solution in terms of inhabitants’ benefits and the challenges associated with it. Replicability of the solution.
- Quality of production and clarity of the messages, relative brevity and capacity for synthesis will be appreciated. The short video pitch should not be perceived as a pure advertising video.
- Description of the initiative or start-up that proposed the solution and perspective of development (internationally if relevant).
How to Apply
- Step 1: Register on their web site and you will receive by email and WhatsApp all information about the festival. Do it as early as possible, in order to get a proper guidance and counselling from their team and increase your chances of making a great ShortDoc.
- Step 2: Also before October 31, once your ShortDoc is ready, you will have to go to shortfilmdepot to upload your film (tutorial)
Deadline: the deadline for submission is October 31, 2021.