Awarded to a limited number of incoming freshmen with non-U.S. residency status applying from outside the United States. It is based on academic performance, extracurricular activities, essay and geographic diversity. Priority consideration will be given to students who apply to MSU by December 1 and who submit an ACT or SAT score.
Worth of Award
- Grant values range from approximately $1,000 to $25,000 annually for eight semesters.
- Awarded to a limited number of incoming freshmen with non-U.S. residency status applying from outside the United States.
- The International Tuition Grant is awarded to incoming freshmen with international residency for tuition purposes. This award is contingent upon the student recipient maintaining international residency for tuition purposes. Any changes in residency status, or the receipt of an international tuition waiver, will impact the student recipient’s eligibility to receive the award in the future.
- The student recipient must enroll at MSU for the semester that the scholarship is awarded; the award may not be deferred to a subsequent semester of initial enrollment.
- This award is limited to eight consecutive semesters of enrollment (fall and spring of an academic year) as an undergraduate.
- MSU reserves the right to adjust this award in consideration of other MSU scholarship offers.
- The student recipient must enroll for and complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester. If circumstances prevent the student recipient from enrolling and completing the minimum credit load or it’s deemed necessary to drop credits below the minimum credit load, prior approval must be received from the Assistant Director of Admissions to continue receiving the scholarship money.
- The student recipient must remain in good academic standing with the university for the award to continue to disburse. Semesters for which the student recipient is not eligible to receive this award are included in the eight-semester limit.
- The student recipient must notify the Assistant Director of Admissions in writing if enrollment at MSU is disrupted (excluding summer semester) and request an official leave of absence from the university.
How to Apply
- You can start by applying for admission online
Deadline: Applications close on December 1, 2021.