Uppsala University in Sweden is inviting applications for the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship for International Students in the 2022/23 academic session. The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is aimed at students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas of conflict outside Europe.
Uppsala University is a research university in Uppsala, Sweden, and is the oldest university in Sweden and all of the Nordic countries, founded in 1477. It ranks among the best universities in Northern Europe in international rankings.
Some scholarships are specifically for students who are applying to one of Uppsala University’s Master’s Programmes, while others are open to both Master’s and Bachelor’s students. Some scholarships are open for all citizens of a country outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland whilst others are only open to citizens of certain countries.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship will cover the full cost of tuition fees for programmes offered during the current admission round
- The scholarship does not cover living expenses.
- You must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, India, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Yemen.
- You must show why you are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need of the educational environment at Uppsala University, as well as that you have the academic talent required.
- You can only be awarded a King Carl Gustaf scholarship for a Master’s programme at Uppsala University chosen as first priority (the programme which you have ranked the highest of the four programmes you can choose at University Admissions).
- You must have applied for the Master’s programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- You must meet the entry requirements for the programme you applied to. The application fee and your complete supporting documents must be received by University Admissions before the deadline.
How to Apply
To apply for Uppsala University’s scholarships;
- You must first apply for one of Uppsala University’s international Bachelor’s and Master’s Programmes through the website www.universityadmissions.se between 16 October 2020 and 15 January 2021.
- You can find more information about the application process on the website.
- In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must submit an on-time application for the Programme in the international application period.
- You must make two separate applications, one for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Programme and one for a scholarship.
- If your application is considered late, you will not be eligible for the Uppsala University scholarships.
Deadline: Application closes January 17, 2022