Applications are currently being accepted for the Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme for South Africans in Netherlands for the 2021/2022 academic session.
It is in view of this that the HAN University of Applied Sciences offers a scholarship for a bachelor’s or master’s programme. Have you made outstanding achievements in your education and personal development? And are you a national of a country outside the EU/EEA? Then you’re a good candidate for one of the HAN scholarships
Worth of Award
The scholarship is worth
- € 5,000 for year 1 and
- € 2,500 (depending on study results) for the duration of the programme (max 4 years for bachelor’s).
While the Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme is yours for the taking, as an international student, in order to be eligible you must
- Be a national of a country outside the EU/EEA.
- Not previously have been enrolled in a degree at a university or university of applied sciences in the Netherlands.
- Have been accepted into a full-time English-taught degree program.
- Possess an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a TOEFL iBT score of at least 90 or a Cambridge Certificate (CAE or CPE).
Also note that your scholarship is paid in 2 terms: in March and September. Are you starting your degree in February? Your scholarship is paid in February each year. Keep in mind that tuition fees are due in the fall semester. You can only receive the payment if:
- you’re enrolled as a HAN student.
- you have a Dutch bank account in your name.
How to Apply
It is important to note that all applications are to be made online via the official website. To be able to do that successfully, you need to prepare the following 3 items:
- A motivation letter where you explain why you’ll be a successful HAN student.
- A short video of yourself, 3 minutes max addressing the following:
– Describe yourself and the things you excel in
– What would your former teachers or your friends tell us about you?
– Tell us about your chosen course of study at HAN
– Imagine you’re working in a team. Based on your personality and/or experience, what role would you have and why?
– What are your career ambitions? What and where do you think you’ll be 10 years from now (professionally speaking)?
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Deadline: The deadline for applications is April 1st, 2021.