Egerton University is currently inviting applications for the Mastercard Foundation RUFORUM Scholarships in Agricultural Development in Kenya for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Mastercard Foundation has partnered with the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture. It seeks to Transform African Agricultural Universities (TAGDev) to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development. The aim of the partnership is to transform African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges. This is done through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
It is worthy of note, therefore, that the scholarships target academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa. The scholarships are, therefore, tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda.
Worth of Award
Students enrolled under this scholarship program will receive
- comprehensive scholarships,
- leadership development,
- life skills support,
- entrepreneurship training and
- mentorship and exposure to community engagement.
- 50% of the scholarship will be for Kenya and Uganda nationals.
- Also, 50% of the scholarships will be awarded to female applicants.
Being eligible for this scholarship requires you to be
- a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota.
- a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota.
- from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, and/or coming from conflict and post-conflict areas.
- less than 30 years by the deadline of the application.
- For admission into the two universities, one must have completed a relevant Bachelor Degree with second class honours, upper-division.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship.
- Have a commitment to working in agriculture, agricultural value chains and rural development.
- Demonstrate commitment to leadership.
- Have a strong commitment to community engagement and transformation.
The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University). Continuing students are NOT eligible.
Eligible Programs of study
The following academic programs are eligible for application during the Academic Year 2021/2022.
Master of Science in
- Food Security and Community Nutrition
- Agri-enterprises Development
Masters of Science in
- Agribusiness Management
- Animal Nutrition
- Food Science
How to Apply
- can be submitted in hard copy or by email attachment to program coordinators in the university of choice.
- by email (PDF) which are sent as attachments should not be more than 5 MB and two file attachments. This includes the university admission and scholarship application form.
Deadline: The deadline to apply for the [email protected] Scholarships is March 31st, 2021 at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3).