The Università degli Studi di Ferrara is currently inviting applications for the International Master in Quaternary and Prehistory (IMQP) in Europe for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The IMQP consortium will ensure a mobility scholarship to all students enrolled on the IMQP master. This is because the IMQP aims at offering a solid education to students for their future professional placement. To do this successfully, it will provide
- a valuable preparation to the knowledge and use of scientific methods for a cultural and naturalistic approach to the reconstruction of human history;
- good skills to coordinate multidisciplinary interventions; an up-to-date, in-depth and interdisciplinary knowledge of research. That is research in Prehistory and Quaternary geology through interaction with the most important European institutions involved in research and formation in these fields of study.
Worth of Award
The amount of Key Action 1 – Erasmus Mundus Joint master’s degrees grants for partner country students will be
- 32.500 € (for the two years) for students coming from > 4000km.
- 30.500 € (for the two years) for the students coming from < 4000km according to the Erasmus + programme and
- for programme country, students will receive 27.500 € (for the two years).
The call for applications is open to each graduate student who has already obtained a higher education degree. That or a foreign higher education degree which is legally equivalent to those below mentioned:
a degree obtained after a higher education course of at least three years length, in one of the following disciplines:
- history + literature (letters),
- biological sciences,
- heritage studies,
- earth sciences,
- environmental sciences,
- history, tourism,
- conservation and restoration,
- cultural and ethnological anthropology,
- tourism management,
- education management,
- natural sciences,
- ancient history,
- information studies (techniques and methods).
Students are equally expected to have a knowledge of English or French language. This is with at least equivalent to FCE – First Certificate level of Cambridge Certification System for English. It is also important to have DELF level of French Ministry of National Education for French (B2 level of Council of Europe).
It is very important to note that the eligible applications for the International Master Quaternary and Prehistory will be ranked based on the following criteria:
- School results (GPA, type of diploma, etc.) with up to 25 points.
- Motivation letter with up to 15 points.
- Knowledge of English or French with up to 10 points.
- Knowledge of a further European language (certification needed) with up to 5 points.
Furthermore, your application will be ranked based on
- Previous experience in the field concerned (archaeological excavations, seminars, intensive courses) – attested by a certificate with up to 25 points.
- Publications, congresses presentations (attested by the attachment of the publication or of the congress’ programme) with up to 10 points.
- Recommendation letters (maximum 2) with up to 10 points.
How to Apply
Applications, written in English or French must be submitted online before the deadline.
Deadline: The application is open so be sure to submit your application on time because the deadline is April 16th, 2021 – H. 17,00 (Italian Time – UTC +1H).