The World Bank Group Youth Summit invites applications for the Resilient Recovery for People and Planet in Developing Countries in 2021.
The Youth Summit is an annual event hosted by the World Bank Group (WBG) to engage with youth globally on the most pressing topics facing this generation. The WBG Youth Summit is an affiliate of the Youth-to-Youth (Y2Y) network. This happens to be the largest volunteer organization at the WBG and it aims to inspire and empower youth within and outside the institution.
The primary goals of the summit are to:
- Empower youth to explore innovative ideas to tackle development challenges.
- Provide youth with the tools to build and engage in impactful projects.
- Promote dialogue between youth, the WBG, and other key stakeholders globally.
Worth of Award
For this reason, participants would
- Be mentored by Youth Summit 2019 finalists and World Bank experts.
- Network with leading professionals and young social entrepreneurs around the world.
- Participate and learn in events and workshops.
- Receive seed-funding
It would interest you to know that
- The competition is open to teams of 1 to 5 individuals aged 18 to 35. But these participants must be nationals from World Bank member countries.
- Participants can be students, as well as people in the workforce or any other occupation.
- No prior experience in any particular field or topic is necessary.
- You need to be committed to implement the solution after the competition.
- Diverse team compositions are advised, but not required.
How to Apply
By way of application,
- Proposals must be created and owned by the participant(s).
- They must be submitted in English.
- The problem/need, as well as the solution outlined in the proposal, must meet at least one of the sub-themes of the Youth Summit 2021. It must also apply to at least one member-country of the World Bank.
Proposals will be judged on the following criteria:
- Clarity, scope and relevance of the problem and proposed solution
- Innovation and originality.
- Feasibility of implementation and sustainability.
- For a fact, the potential for impact will equally be judged.
For this reason,
- Proposals must be between 1,000 to 2,500 words in length, all-inclusive. That is, including all bodies of text, headings, tables, textbooks, footnotes, endnotes, references and appendices, etc. Note that these must not exceed 4 pages in total. This is because proposals that fail to meet this requirement will be disqualified.
- Yet again, participant(s) must submit their entries by filling and submitting the “Youth Summit 2021 Competition Form,” accessible through the official page. They must ensure to enter their proposals through direct upload in PDF format.
In like manner, the following information must be provided at the top of the first page of the proposal:
- names of all participant(s) submitting the proposal
- final word count which must include everything. i.e. all bodies of text, titles, headings, tables, textbooks, footnotes, endnotes, references and appendices.
Deadline: In conclusion, the deadline for submission of applications is March 31, 2021 (11:59 pm EST).