The Prize is awarded annually to one young scientist for the most outstanding neurobiological research. This research is based on methods of molecular and cell biology conducted by him/her during the past three years.
It would interest you to know that the essays will be rated in two areas:
- scientific quality and significance, and
- clarity and style of the writing.
Expectedly, the judging panel will be composed of prominent international researchers in the field of neurobiology and will be chaired by the Neuroscience Editor of Science.
Worth of Award
In a similar vein, the prize money is worth US$25,000.
In order to be eligible for this award,
- Entrants must be neurobiologists with an advanced degree received in the last 10 years and not older than 35 years of age.
- entrant’s essay must describe contributions to neurobiological research based on methods of molecular and cell biology.
- entrant must have performed or directed the work described in the essay.
- research must have been performed during the previous three years.
- Employees of Eppendorf AG, its subsidiaries, Science and AAAS, and their relatives are not eligible for the prize.
How to Apply
The entrant must submit the following items:
- A completed Entry Form.
- An essay, written by the entrant, that describes his or her research and places it in perspective with respect to current research in the field of neurobiology. Note that the essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length. Without a doubt, the applicant must have done or directed all of the work and it must have been performed in the past three years.
- A one-page letter of recommendation from his or her postdoctoral adviser, supervisor, or another senior colleague who is familiar with the entrant’s work.
In like manner, the entrant must submit
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes the following:
- Full citations of papers that the entrant has published on the research described in the essay.
- Academic and professional awards and honors that the entrant has received; and
- Relevant professional experience.
- Copies of two of the entrant’s papers that are most relevant to the essay are equally required.
For a fact,
- The Entry Form and additional submission materials must be submitted electronically through the prize management system.
Deadline: The next application deadline is June 15, 2021.