PartnersGlobal invites applications for the General Lamine Cissé Women, Peace and Security Research Fellowship in the USA in 2021.
PartnersGlobal is a vibrant organization with a rich history and a unique approach to bringing about peaceful change in the world. It believes in the power of local leaders as change-makers and supports them to connect with regional and global networks. This is so that they can work collaboratively across sectors on shared goals.
Worth of Award
For this reason,
- Each fellow will receive a grant equivalent to 1,500,000 CFA (West African franc).
- This is to fund innovative research around the prevention and peaceful resolution of conflicts in Africa with a central focus on women, peace and security.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, only future or ongoing research projects are considered eligible.
The selection criteria applied for the project appraisal are:
- Applicant’s capacity to carry out quality research (level of education, professional experience, published work, academic support);
- Relevance and originality of the issue in relation to current security and gender issues;
- Link to the themes selected for the Fellowship;
- Methodology and structuring of the work;
- Analytical development of the project narrative and the planned fieldwork;
- The interest of the results and the practical impact of contributions.
How to Apply
The application must contain the following files:
- Resume/CV (contact details including your home address and possibly institutional address, training, career path and professional project, photograph);
- Transcript of the Master’s degree and/or the doctoral research proposal approved by the committee members/or a transcript of the doctoral/PhD diploma;
- Letter of recommendation;
- Copy of research work already carried out (thesis chapter, scientific article, etc.);
- Research proposal for the General Lamine Cissé Fellowship (10 pages) including the following sections, in .doc or .docx format:
- Aim/goal of the research;
- Research problem;
- Research methodology;
- In the appendix of the research project:
- Indicative references;
- Research timeline;
- Estimated research budget.
Kindly note that your application should be sent to [email protected]
Deadline: Submit the complete application file electronically by March 15, 2021.