The University of Sydney invites applications for the Vice-Chancellors International Scholarships Scheme for Exceptional International Students in Australia for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The VCIS is a scholarship offered on the commencement of a coursework degree. It is only awarded once during the first year of commencement and is not renewable for the following years.
The scholarships are awarded to exceptional international students and are open to all commencing international students enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework full degree.
Worth of Award
Four scholarship amounts are offered based on rankings against this selection criteria:
- $40,000 to support high-achieving international students payable for one year in two equal instalments per semester.
- $20,000 payable for one semester.
- $10,000 payable for one semester.
- $5,000 payable for one semester.
However, the availability of some amounts may be limited to specified cohorts.
Applicants of the Vice-Chancellors International Scholarships Scheme must
- be international students
- have applied for a CRICOS-registered coursework degree
- have received an unconditional offer of admission
- Applicants commencing a second degree at the University of Sydney are eligible provided they have not previously held the Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships.
- Deferral or suspension of the Scholarship is not permitted except in exceptional circumstances.
- Students who receive a Sydney International Student Award can only receive a VCIS to the maximum value of $20,000.
With respect to recipients of the VCIS scholarships payable in 2 instalments,
- If you received a VCIS that is split into two payments the recipient, must maintain a minimum semester average mark (SAM) of 65 and have no outstanding fees in order to receive their next payment.
- The recipient undertaking an exchange during the tenure of this Scholarship are required to have achieved a Satisfied Requirements grade (SR) to receive their next payment.
- The Scholarship is transferable to another major, degree or faculty but is not transferrable to another University.
How to Apply
No application is required, as all eligible students who have secured an unconditional offer of admission will be automatically considered.
Deadline: The Semester 2, 2021 closing date is June 15, 2021.