The Carnegie Mellon University invites applications for the CMU Australia Scholarships for International Students for the 2021/22 academic year.
The scholarships are awarded to eligible students from Asia, Latin America, and Africa who apply for Carnegie Mellon University Australia Master programs.
Young Asian Leaders Scholarship (YALS)
This scholarship will enable Asian students to lead and contribute to the development of their countries and the Asian region after their studies.
Latin American Leaders for Change Scholarship (LALCS)
The scholarship will support Latin American students to become leaders who create positive change in their respective countries.
Future Innovator Scholarship for Africa (FISA)
With this scholarship, ambitious African students will be encouraged to be leaders in innovation in the African region.
Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global, research university that stands among the world’s most renowned educational institutions.
Established in 1900 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon has been a birthplace of innovation, and a global leader in bringing ground-breaking ideas to market and creating successful start-up businesses.
Worth of Award
- The CMU Australia Scholarships for International Students is valued at AUD $30,000 for the duration of 21-month Master’s degrees.
- It is also worth AUD $20,000 for the duration of 12-month Master’s degrees.
Students who are eligible for the scholarships need to meet the below criteria:
- Be a citizen of a country in Asia, Latin America, or Africa.
- Meet the admission requirements for a CMU Australia full-time master coursework degree, 12 month or 21-month tracks.
- Be accepted into a CMU Australia master coursework degree.
- Accept CMU Australia’s offer letter and pay the deposit by the required deadline.
- Students who are citizens or hold permanent residency in Australia or New Zealand are not eligible.
- This scholarship will not be applicable for students who defer the commencement.
- The scholarship is not applicable in conjunction with any other CMU Australia scholarships or other government scholarships including but not limited to Endeavour and Australian Awards scholarships.
- Students need to maintain their enrolment throughout their course in full-time study and meet CMU Australia’s academic progression policy.
- If a student withdraws from the master program before completion, he/she may be required to repay the value of the scholarship awarded.
How to Apply
If you’re a resident of a country within Asia, Latin America, or Africa, you will be automatically assessed for the scholarship when you apply to study a master’s program. Upon being accepted to study at CMU in Australia, you will be contacted on your scholarship eligibility.
Deadline: August 2021.